Dental Hygienist - Portland area Dental Clinics
Specialty Medical has several exciting new opportunities for a dental hygienist for several dental clinic openings throughout the greater Portland, OR area. If you are a licensed dental hygienist looking for a great opportunity for full or part time work, we would love to speak with you!
BENEFITS OF THIS POSITION:
- Pay - $55-58/hr
- Full time or Part Time hours available
- Monday - Friday Shift Times
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401K
- Contract and potential direct hire
- Patient screening procedures; such as assessment of oral health conditions, review of the health history, oral cancer screening, head and neck inspection, dental charting and taking blood pressure and pulse
- Taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Removing calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all surfaces of the teeth
- Applying preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and fluorides)
- teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health;
(e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- Counseling patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral health
- Making impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth used by dentists to evaluate patient treatment needs)
- Performing documentation and office management activities
- Consult with dentists on individual patient needs and complex medical histories; facilitate emergency dental care for patients and provide referrals for accessing urgent care; provide telephone confirmations and maintain an on-call waiting list.
- Maintain program and patient records, files, charts and chain of infection control; collect and generate program activity, statistics and demographic data reports; review and participate in the development of dental programs clinical protocols, policies and procedures for compliance and effectiveness.
- Order, store and maintain dental supplies and equipment; sharpen, clean and sterilize dental instruments and portable dental sealant equipment; ensure dental rooms are orderly and clean.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Completed a Degree at an Accredited Dental Hygiene School
- OR Dental Hygienist Licensure in good standing with the board
- Team player mentality
- 1+ year of prior hygienist experience in general dental practice
- New grads will be considered
Specialty Medical Staffing is a nationwide medical staffing and recruitment firm that focuses on getting results quickly for our candidates. Our team is highly dedicated to finding you the right position that is best for your career. We focus on specialized roles and have several years of experience in successfully placing our candidates into the perfect position.
We look forward to working with you!
- We will help you stand out by improving your resume, setting up interviews and providing preparation so you are positioned well to stand out among other candidates
- We will help negotiate the best salary and benefits
- We will use our vast network to provide ongoing opportunities and connections
- We will be a career coach providing input, advice and feedback
Visit us at www.specialtymedicalstaffing.com or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in contact with you shortly after.
Specialty Medical Staffing, LLC and all affiliated entities are proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA)
Specialty Medical Staffing, LLC
(P) 425-780-9822 | (F) 714-221-0663