Pharmacy Technician - Patient Access Rep
Change your mindset on what you can do in the field of pharmacy! We are different and are looking for pharmacy techs that want to do more in the profession! Specialty Medical Staffing is currently hiring for several pharmacy tech positions throughout California for unique positions that will expand your skills and give your career a new meaning! We have opportunities in most settings of pharmacy, including long term care, clinic, retail, hospital, home infusion, research, PBM, government and other highly specialized areas. If you are a highly competent pharmacy tech looking for something more than what you have seen in the past, we would like to speak with you!
The Patient Access Representative II secures and provides appropriate information to patient families and funding sources to register, schedule and/or obtain authorizations for inpatient, outpatient, and/or diagnostic services. Demonstrate customer service skills to include ability to develop rapport with a variety of customers of all different socio-economic, cultural and economic groups both internally and externally. Knowledge of basic functionality of personal computer. Ability to type and perform data entry functions at a level needed to maintain productivity standards of area/dept. General knowledge of medical terminology or 6 months demonstrated work experience in a healthcare setting; Knowledge of insurance verification, authorization and eligibility requirements for health insurance carriers; Epic knowledge; internet capability.
Under the direct supervision of a licensed care practitioner, provides & documents clinical care & associated tasks, as assigned. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to ensure optimal care is provided in a quality environment to pediatric patients & families. Utilizes appropriate age & developmental approach in application of care..
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Pharmacy Tech License Preferred
- Experience/general knowledge of managed care health plans; knowledge of scheduling, registration, billing and/or claims payment.
- Minimum of two years of work experience in a health care setting and/or one year work experience in a specific dept. function; call center environment.
- Minimum developmental Services positions do not require certification
- Preferred advanced knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with data entry and clinical computer systems
- Preferred pediatric experience in inpatient, outpatient or long-term care setting
Does this sound like something you would be interested in? If so, apply now! If not, feel free to pass this along to someone who would be interested!
Specialty Medical Staffing, LLC and all affiliated entities are proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA)