At Specialty Medical Staffing, we help healthcare workers take the next big step in their medical career by finding them fulfilling jobs. We currently have an opening for a radiation therapist in Poulsbo. This is an amazing opportunity with one of our well respected clients. It is a great next step for anybody looking for their next opportunity.
We are currently offering:
- Highly Competitive Compensation
- Full Medical Benefits
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- Full support network
- Provides radiation therapy to patients utilizing a variety of radiation therapy equipment. Delivers a planned course of radiation therapy.
- Evaluates the daily condition of patients undergoing treatment and recognizes the need for emotional and psychological support to patients.
- Refer patients to departmental staff and other health care professionals.
- Reinforce radiation oncologists’ recommendations regarding general activities, diet, prevention and treatment of reactions to radiation therapy.
- Maintain detailed and accurate daily records of technical, legal and statistical components of treatment.
- Assist radiation oncologists in patient positioning, radiation treatment field localization and simulation procedures using CT scanners, simulator, computers and other equipment.
- Check patient prescription and treatment records for errors.
- Perform daily quality assurance tests on radiation therapy equipment.
- Instructs radiation therapy students and/or new staff accordingly to clinical and department requirements; assists in the orientation of department and hospital personnel with emphasis on radiation safety.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Radiation Therapy
- Registry eligible and registered within 1 year of employment in Radiation Therapy and Technology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Washington. State License
- Ability to communicate verbally in person, on the phone and in writing in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize concurrent responsibilities and demands
- Ability to assess patients’ conditions and request assistance when necessary
- Ability to assist in the movement of patient to and from wheelchairs, carts and radiographic tables.
- Proficient in email and word processing systems
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
Does this sound like something you would be interested in? If so, apply now! If not, feel free to pass this along to someone who would be interested!
Specialty Medical Staffing, LLC and all affiliated entities are proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA)